Syntaro Application Management is a private PowerShell Package Repository, which is fully cloud based. This Package Provider can deploy simple PowerShell Scripts, MSI files, EXE files and much more.
Additionally the Syntaro Application Management solution provides an engine on devices which will handle the installations, updates and uninstallations. This engine is not an agent or a windows service. The process will only start, when the MDM System has installation/uninstallation tasks. It is also compatible with other PowerShell Package Providers. This will allow you to use their big repositories and therefore lower your packaging costs.
Just added: Our P2 plan enables targeted deployments using your Azure AD groups building on the concepts of Windows Servicing Plans and extending it to your Syntaro and Intune managed applications
Adds the ability to schedule and use deployment rings for your application.
Install any Application
The Application Management module supports multi-file installation packages, including all executable files and setup types.
Local caching functions allows to free up bandwidth.
Access to Prepackaged Applications
Syntaro gives you access to hundreds of open source and freeware apps which can be integrated without the need for packaging.
Solution with Application Management
Syntaro Application Management offers you a reliable solution for distributing applications to your devices. The module can be adopted independently of the deployment system and enables secure worldwide distribution of applications over the internet.
- The users can select the apps they would like to install in the Intune Company Portal. The company portal sends the request to the Intune Service.
- The Intune service triggers the Windows 10 built-in MDM agent to enforce the new requests.
- Windows 10 MDM Agent is setting the local configuration and start Syntaro App Management to enforce it.
- Syntaro App Management is the local functionality of our Intune extension and is built on PowerShell package providers and starts the installation, update or deinstallation. This layer also gives us the advantage to work with other package Providers like RuckZuck.tools, which is a great OpenSource Package Repository.
- Our Syntaro Package Provider is handling the package logic and is using the package information you provided in your private Syntaro Package Repository. It also allows to download content over BranchCache and save Internet Bandwidth.
Deployment Rings with P2
The Application Management P2 plan allows targeting of application versions to device groups in your environment – effectively extending your existing Windows 10 deployment rings to applications. It is the perfect complement to anyone who wants to leverage the concepts of deployment rings as we know them from Windows 10 and Office to encompass all applications on a client.
Overcome Intune Limitations
Microsoft Intune has limitations for application deployments. Only MSI files can be distributed and installed on Windows 10 MDM managed devices.
Only Single Files
Only a single file can be distributed with Microsoft Intune. This prohibits the deployment of complex applications packages.
The data volume transported via the internet during application deployment is very high and can cause internet connections to crash.
PowerShell Package Provider
• Allows Deployment of MSI, EXE, PowerShell-Script or any other executable Program
• Automatically updating Apps
• Secure Azure based Storage of your custom Packages
• Packages can contain hundreds of files
• PackageProvider can be used with or without Intune
• Support for Local Caching Solutions
• Agentless, without permanently running processes
• Traffic HTTPS encrypted
Built-In PowerShell Functions
• Install and Uninstall MSI with specific Parameters for example Logging
• Unzip ZIP Files
• Write Registry Keys
• Detect Installed Applications
• List can be extended by the customer
• Deployment Statistics
• Package Management and Version History
• Easy to use UI