Syntaro Application Management is a private PowerShell Package Repository, which is fully cloud based. This Package Provider can deploy simple PowerShell Scripts, MSI files, EXE files and much more.
Additionally the Syntaro Application Management solution provides an engine on devices which will handle the installations, updates and uninstallations. This engine is not an agent or a windows service. The process will only start, when the MDM System has installation/uninstallation tasks. It is also compatible with other PowerShell Package Providers. This will allow you to use their big repositories and therefore lower your packaging costs.
Deployment Issues with Intune
Microsoft Intune has limitations for application deployments. Only MSI files can be distributed and installed on Windows 10 MDM managed devices.
Only Single Files
Only a single file can be distributed with Microsoft Intune. This prohibits the deployment of complex applications packages.
During application deployment data volume that is transported via Internet is very high and might break the Internet connection.
The Application Management module supports multi-file installation packages, including all executable files and setup types.
Local caching functions free up bandwidth.
Standard open source and freeware apps can be integrated without the need for packaging.
Packages can be installed via the PowerShell package provider – no need for Intune or other deployment solutions.
PowerShell Package Provider
• Allows Deployment of MSI, EXE, PowerShell-Script or any other executable Program
• Automatically updating Apps
• Secure Azure based Storage of your custom Packages
• Packages can contain hundreds of files
• PackageProvider can be used with or without Intune
• Support for Local Caching Solutions
• Agentless, without permanently running processes
• Traffic HTTPS encrypted
Built-In PowerShell Functions
• Install and Uninstall MSI with specific Parameters for example Logging
• Unzip ZIP Files
• Write Registry Keys
• Detect Installed Applications
• List can be extended by the customer
• Deployment Statistics
• Package Management and Version History
• Easy to use UI
Solution with Application Management
Syntaro Application Management offers you a reliable solution for distributing applications to your devices. The module can be adopted independently of the deployment system and enables secure worldwide distribution of applications over the internet.
- Intune Company Portal: The Company Portal app allows users to request preapproved apps. An Intune administrator defines which apps are available to users.
- Azure Intune Portal: The administrator can manage the available apps and define required deployments for all users.
- Syntaro Application Management: : Local tasks manage app installation and update each app to the latest version in the repository. Tasks are executed on request by the task scheduler or through MDM.
- Syntaro Portal: The Syntaro Portal allows the administrator to manage all applications in a private repository via a straightforward Azure-like UI.
- Free Package Provider Repositories: The repositories contain all files and metadata required for packages, and include open source and freeware apps.
- Syntaro Package Provider Repositories:The repositories contain all files and metadata required for packages, include private applications and can handle product keys securely.
- Supported Setup Types: The package providers support multi-file packages and a range of file types such as MSI, EXE and ps1. Downloads can be cached on a self-managed local cache server.
- Syntaro Package Provider: TThe Syntaro package provider handles the download, installation and uninstallation processes, and can also be used with other scripts on the system.
- Free Package Provider: Free PowerShell package providers like RuckZuck Tools help to lower operating costs. These repositories contain a wide range of middleware and open source applications.